top of page


If you have never been a guest of Kowi Properties before, here are answers to some of our most commonly asked questions.


How far is it to Broken Bow?
197 mi. from Dallas – approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours
255 mi. from Oklahoma City – approximately 4 hours
155 mi. from Shreveport – approximately 3 hours
218 mi. from Tulsa – approximately 3 ½ hours


What time is check-in / check-out?
Check-in time is 4:00 PM. Check-out time is 10:00 AM. This allows time for us to prepare for our next guests.


Do you Allow Early Check Ins/Late Check outs?
Additional time is $75 per hour. We cannot Guarantee an early check in or late check out, however if the cabin is ready early you are more then welcome to check in. (This must be approved by the office prior to check in) Late check outs can also be permitted if the cabin is not occupied the day of your departure. (This Must be approved by the office prior to your departure.) If you need a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out, it is recommended to reserve an additional nigh. During holiday and peak seasons, early check ins and late check outs are unavailable. 

When is Peak Season and Holiday Rushes?

Peak season begins in March and runs through September. All major holidays see a "holiday rush". The longest holiday rushes include holidays such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, & New Years. All other holidays such as Martin Luther King Day, Valentines Day, Presidents Day, Easter, and the like are included in Holiday Rushes as well.

What if I need to cancel my reservation?

Life happens. We do recommend purchasing a third party travel insurance plan in the event you are unable to make your planned trip. 


What amenities are available in the cabins?
Amenities vary from cabin to cabin. You’ll find that our cabins are well equipped for all of your needs.  Please visit your cabin’s page for more information about individual amenities.


Do you provide firewood?
We offer a supply of dry ready to burn firewood (20 pieces) for $40 at the time of booking unless the area is under a burn ban. 

Do you offer add on packages?

Yes, we offer several birthday, romance, and seasonal packages at booking. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

What is the closest address for GPS?
Broken Bow or Hochatown, Oklahoma. Addresses for the individual cabins are not always recognized by google maps or other navigation systems.. You will be provided with the written directions once balance is paid in full roughly 1 week before your check-in. 


How do I locate my cabin?
Most cabins are not found by GPS. We will e-mail you specific driving directions & the key code to your cabin Prior to your Arrival. 


Are your cabins handicapped accessible?
Cabins are privately owned and like any home, are not handicapped accessible like a hotel, motel, or inn would be. We do however have some single stories cabins that are very Handicap Friendly.


Do you allow pets?
We do have some pet-friendly cabins. Look on the Cabin page to see which units are pet friendly. We do Charge a $50.00 pet fee, per pet. Maximum of 2 small – medium dogs under 25 lbs. Larger dogs must be approved by the office and are subject to a Large Dog pet fee if approved. Breed and Weight must be provided at the time of the Large Dog inquiry. All dogs must be on leash when outside of the cabin. Dogs are NOT allowed on furniture or in beds. Additional cleaning fees will apply if evidence is found of dogs on furniture & in beds. You are responsible for any damages caused by your pet.


Are any of the cabins located on the lake?
No cabins are permitted to be constructed near the water at Broken Bow Lake, as per the Corps of Engineers. Our cabins are situated in the Ouachita National Forest. Beavers Bend is just three to five miles away, and Broken Bow Lake is only four to six miles. 

Can we feed the wildlife?

Deer are typically very friendly and may allow you to feed them, however, it is advised not to feed any of the wildlife in the area. This may attract a variation of wildlife and may become unsafe very quickly. Please DO NOT feed the bears! 

Are there stores nearby where we can buy groceries & necessities?
Pruett’s Grocery in Broken Bow, Super Wal-Mart in Idabel, or Wal-Mart in Broken Bow.


What charges will be applied to my credit card when I make my reservation?
When you place your reservation, you will be charged a 50% per cabin which is non-refundable. This 50% deposit deducted from the balance of your reservation.  The balance is charged to your credit card 30 days before you arrive, and we will e-mail you a confirmation notice along with directions & a key code for your cabin.


May I pay in cash?
No, we require a credit card for all reservations. 

What if we the number of people in our group exceeds the capacity of our cabin?
Your cabin has been properly appointed with sleeping arrangements and amenities for the maximum amount of people suggested in the cabin listing. This includes septic capacity as well fire safety limitations, etc. We ask that you rent an appropriate sized cabin or additional accommodations for additional guests. See the Kowi Properties map to find cabins located nearby. OVERCROWDING IS NOT ALLOWED AND WILL BE SUBJECT FOR IMMEDIATE EVICTION.

Is a license required for fishing?
River Fishing – all ages must have a valid trout stamp; 14 & older must have a valid Oklahoma fishing license

Broken Bow Lake Fishing – must have a permanent or temporary fishing license. Fishing licenses and trout stamps are available at Wal-Mart, most convenient stores, or the Beavers Bend State Park office. For more fishing guide info, go to


Are boat ramps available nearby?
There are boat ramps at Beavers Bend Marina on Stevens Gap Road. Additional boat ramps are found  in Carson Creek and Stevens Gap. 


Can we rent watercrafts?
Yes – Beavers Bend Marina has a variety of watercrafts available for rent including pontoon boats, fishing boats, and Jet Skis. Call 580-494-6455.


What about canoe rentals?
Yes – you can rent canoes for a half day or a full day for use on the lower Mountain Fork River. Canoes, kayaks, and paddle boats are available for rent inside Beavers Bend State Park. 

Are there local hiking and mountain biking trails?
There are designated biking and hiking trails located within Beavers Bend State Park. Check with the Nature Center or the State Park office for trail maps and directions. We strongly recommend that you notify the Nature Center (580-494-6556) or State Park office (580-494-6300) when you are planning to use the trails. There are also local guided tours available. Check out our Things To Do page for more information.


Are there designated ATV trails?
Yes – you must purchase a pass to access any of the Three Rivers ATV trails (Weyerhaeuser land). The annual pass fee is $25 per person. ATV access passes may be purchased at Wal-Mart, most convenience stores, or at the Beavers Bend State Park office. ATV trails maps and information are available at Frontier General Store. Before you ride the trails, make sure you are familiar with all of the rules and regulations. The nearest access to AVT trails is 4 miles north of the Beavers Bend entrance. Free passes are available through the US Forest Service for trails to the right of Hwy. 259. The majority of Weyerhaeuser land is to the left of Hwy. 259. Do NOT trespass on land not designated for ATV usage. 


May we ride our ATVs from our cabins?
No – you must transport your ATVs on trailers to access the designated trails. Please do NOT use ATVs to unauthorized 


Do your cabins have air conditioning?
Yes – all our cabins have thermostat-controlled central heating and air conditioning.


Is there a fireplace in my cabin?
Check out the Amenities page for your cabin! A lot of our cabins have indoor and even outdoor fireplaces.


What wild animals live nearby?
Our cabins are located in the Ouachita National Forest, and you may expect to see squirrels, raccoons, rabbits, dear, etc. Please take precautions against poison ivy and 2 types of poisonous snakes – copperheads and rattlesnakes. For your comfort, we recommend using poison ivy protectant and bug repellent. Although rare, predators such as fox, large cats, and black bears are also present throughout the forest. DO NOT feed the bears!


Do I need to have 4-wheel drive to access my cabin?
Most of our cabins are easily accessible. However, the location of some cabins may be reached more conveniently using 4-wheel drive.

What are the roads like?

The main highway and access roads are normal blacktop roads. Most roads to cabins however are considered "country roads" that are narrow and range from dirt to gravel, very few will have blacktop for a portion of the road. Driving slowly is highly recommended. 

bottom of page